A variety of thoughts from chad loftis

1.6.07

Dim Rooms

This post is a week late in coming: Last Friday, coincidentally on the 30th anniversary of the release of the first Star Wars movie, we finally premiered the long-coming short film "Dim Rooms" that I have been working on as writer and director for over 2 years (ridiculously). The Premiere was held at a small, cozy and very longstanding old style cinema, the "Sun". One of the film's actors, Don Bridges was kind enough to sit for a Q & A at the end of the screening and talk about his long and very interesting career as an actor working alongside the likes of Hugo Weaving, Russel Crowe and Guy Pierce among others. Even more awesome was the fact that, despite growing up right next to and becoming enamored with the cinema at the "Sun" Don had never seen himself in a movie there until now. It was a really exciting night for me and I hope to announce the film's screening in some festivals very soon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realise you were working on film. Any trailer available?
Have you continued with your music Chad? I always expected you to become the next big thing.

1:36 am

 
Blogger Lian said...

Thanks Jer. No trailer available at this stage (it's only a short film so a trailer seems kind of superfluous) but eventually the film will be available online so I'll let you know when that comes along.

Yep still doing music but not making any headway as the next big thing :) I did the soundtrack for the film.

You can check out a rough demo of a track I recorded last year at myspace.com/iamtheplanetcore (or something).
Peace dude.

1:14 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chad, This evening I was talking about music with my brother and sister in law and my wife, Carina said. "I really liked that one you were listening to this moring, what was that?" And I said, "the instumental one?" and she said, "yeah, the one with the cool beats". I said "that was my friend Chad".
Chad, Please keep making music even if it doesn't make you rich. It made me rich.

2:39 pm

 
Blogger Lian said...

Dude, you have made my week.

9:22 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home