A variety of thoughts from chad loftis

4.5.07

Rain in Cracks

Like rain blown through a screen
you sprayed into my house
riding turning winds,
beady and spread,
as slippery as thin,

and asked me nothing.
Didn't you know

like patient cracks in walls
I have sat and worried,
have bullied and picked
an atom's edge
to break and spread the rift?

So ask me nothing.
Surely you know

the livid storm outside
will seep along hair lines,
fractures stretched to us,
brittle and wet,
and splay us with a gust.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey chad, i found you through my brothers web.

i just wanted to say hi, and was wondering how you were.

we are going to have a child in august. now thats some news.

i would like to reconnect with you in some way, but lately my communication skills are a little less than horrible, so we would have to find some sort of arrangement where i wouldn't feel bad every day i didn't write or call you.

well, looking forward to any suggestions, and hope you are well.

Jesse Nellis

11:43 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home