A variety of thoughts from chad loftis

20.10.05

Essays Against Essays - part one

Recently, some very interesting and almost heated discussions with my dad have left me vigorously giving into the temptation to explore the philosophical and theological implications of a lot of the ideas I have heard and developed over the last few years.
I wrote him a long letter outlining, more completely than I ever have, some of the things I consider to be intrinsic to life in Christ and, generally, as human beings.

I have gone back and tweaked the letter, filled in a few small holes and posted it on this blog in the hope that some of you will take a look and comment on the validity of what I am saying and even of the fact that I am saying it in this way.
This is the initial mini-thesis. There are a few subsequent "appendices" to follow. None of the ideas are necessarily original, but I do not quote anyone because I have arrived at the conclusions on my own.
I have left all in the original letter form.

Take a look.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sacred is here and now. The only God worth keeping is a God that cannot be kept. The only God worth talking about is a God that cannot be talked about.- w. kaufmann

2:21 pm

 
Blogger Lian said...

I couldn't agree more with this. Yet, all this is so wrapped up in paradox it becomes almost stupid to go on trying to explain it.

8:54 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home